- Combine a stay on the east and south coast with a day, or overnight, whale watching trip and a chance to see the worlds largest mammal up close.
2. Stretch the legs on a climb up Pidurangala Rock, where you are rewarded with views across to the ancient fortress of Sigiriya and central Sri Lanka.
3. Learn about one of the countries largest export commodities on a tea plantation tour at Ashburnham Estate, whilst staying in the beautifully renovated 1930’s Planters Bungalow.
4. Search for leopards in Wilpattu or Yala National Park, whilst staying in the best luxury safari tents in Sri Lanka at Leopard Trails.
5. Head out on a boating safari at Gal Oya Lodge in search of elephants and other wildlife.
6. Head into the jungle for 3 nights of health and wellbeing at Rukgala, a new retreat hotel in the central highlands.
7. Wander the streets of Galle Fort and enjoy the diverse selection of cafes, gem stores, galleries, shops, bars and museums.
8. Spend a few days in the cultural triangle learning about Sri Lanka’s ancient cities, temples and monasteries.