Why we love it
Once an impressive family stately home, Maniampathy has recently been lovingly restored to exceptional standard, whilst also maintaining its historical splendour. It’s fast becoming one of the most unique and impressive luxury boutique hotels in Colombo.
It’s in a fabulous location in Colombo 7, close to the trendy areas of town for shopping, galleries, eating and drinking. The butler service is second to none and everything seems to be taken care of.
We particularly enjoy sitting in the courtyard restaurant, which is also open to outside bookings, which serves delicious international and local cuisine and brings in touches of Jaffna flavour to it’s dishes.
The house is decorated in traditional style, with antique furnishings and picture frames showcasing the rich history. There is a grand dining room, serving up fine dining or the more relaxed ‘Nandi’ restaurant outside. There is also a nice swimming pool, which is a nice touch after a few hours exploring the city.
The activities and excursions can be booked directly at the property. We’d certainly recommend the following activities:
- There is some relatively good shopping to be done now in Colombo’s new shopping centres.
- We can help organise a guided city tour to see some of the tourist highlights including Independence Square, Town Hall, Victoria Park, National Museum and the Gangarama temple.
- The Royal Colombo Golf Club is one of Sri Lanka’s best golf courses.
- Try out Colombo’s top restaurants and bars (we’ll happily advise the best jaunts in town)
- Enjoy a curated culinary dining experience with Culinary Ceylon
- Head down for a sundowner drink at Galle Fort Hotel, over looking the ocean.