Why we love it
The Wallawwa is a stylish 18th Century Manor House beautifully converted into a boutique luxury hotel set within tranquil gardens just 15 minutes from the airport. It’s the ultimate place to either start or finish your holiday in style.
The food here is very good, served in the open-sided restaurant, and is some of the best we’ve experienced on the island. The menu is a contemporary Asian fusion cuisine and make the most of fresh local ingredients, most of which come from the in-house vegetable garden. They can cater for dietary requirements and children’s meals but it’s best to give advanced notice to them.
There are 18 spacious bedrooms and suites located around the property, all featuring four-poster beds, large en-suite bathrooms and stylish interiors.
We’d certainly recommend the following activities, which can be booked, where necessary, directly at the property:
• Relax by the beautiful swimming pool, surrounded by tropical plants and trees.
• Enjoy a game of croquet on the main lawn
• Head into Negombo to see the town’s Catholic churches, Dutch fort and lively fish markets (we recommend to do with a guide)
• Explore the mangrove-fringed lagoon and network of old Dutch canals by boat or kayak
• If you like your cigars then you may enjoy a visit to a world-renowned cigar factory
• Head into Colombo for a city tour or ask us about some great new restaurants
• Head to The Z Spa for a whole range of treatments.